skip to main content

Work Permits

Work permit process

Work permit process

A work permit is required for all students under the age of 18.  Students do not complete a work permit until after they have been employed.
Follow the instructions below to submit a work permit request:

  1. Secure a job/get hired.
  2. Download and Print the Request for Work Permit Form.   Or pick one up in the UMHS College & Career Center or Front Office.
  3. Fill in the form. Note: All three sections on pg. 2 of your work permit must be complete before submitting your form. 
  4. Bring your completed form to the College & Careeer Center (B Building open 7:30am-4:00pm) OR scan & email the completed application to
  5. The permit will be processed and picked up by the student.  Please allow 24 hours for processing. 
  6. Take your Work Permit to your Employer.
Questions: Contact Hannah Dewater, College and Career Guidance ext. 4206
Need a work permit over the summEr?

Need a work permit over the summEr?

Summer Work Permit Info

What is a Work Permit?  Who needs one? 

All of your questions answered here.


Looking for a job, internship, or volunteer opportunity? 

EDUHSD Career Website

The College & Career Centers at the four comprehensive high schools of EDUHSD have joined forces to offer a FREE resource for students seeking employment and/or career development opportunities in El Dorado County.